This scholarship fund is designed to provide aid to families ineligible for state and federal child care assistance programs who are experiencing financial hardship. Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. All information submitted is held in confidence.
- Completed application (call 847-475-2661 to request an application be sent to you or stop by the office to pick one up)
- Two (2) most recent paycheck stubs for each parent/guardian in household
- Residency proof (lease, mortgage, utility bill)
- Personal statement, if applicable
Criteria for Scholarship Assistance
- Families must reside within the City of Evanston and receive childcare at a licensed childcare facility in Evanston.
- The family is experiencing (or anticipates experiencing) financial hardship in paying child care fees in licensed child care programs. Families eligible for state or federal child care assistance programs (such as Head Start or IDHS Child Care Assistance) are not eligible to receive scholarship funds.
- Families previously in care must have a history of timely child care payments.
- Families are expected to contribute a portion of child care costs.
- Families must select state licensed child care providers. Licensed providers will be informed of CNE payment procedure prior to the start of the scholarship period.
- Family income must be below 400% of the Federal Poverty Limit.
- All eligible caregivers (parent(s) or guardian(s)) must be working, job searching or otherwise unable to provide care. Please use a personal statement to describe situations where the caregivers are unable to provide care.
- Scholarships are only awarded for care of children ages 0-5.
- If a family is receiving a scholarship from their care provider, notification of that scholarship or discount must be provided to CNE.
- Scholarships will be awarded for a period not to exceed 1 year. Families are eligible to reapply for scholarship at the time of termination.
- If approved for scholarship, applicants are granted a set daily rate of $20 per day for full day and $10 per day for part day childcare. Scholarship recipients are responsible for child care costs beyond these amounts.
- Scholarships are awarded only for children attending centers/home day cares that are licensed through DCFS and located in the City of Evanston.
RETURN APPLICATION TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
- CNE SCHOLARSHIP • 1335 Dodge Avenue • Evanston, Illinois 60201 •
- Phone: 847- 475-2661 • Fax: 847- 475-2699 •
CNE would like to thank the City of Evanston Mental Health Board for making this scholarship possible.